The following was provided for your information from the Winston-Salem Police Department and is public information.
On April 17, 2017, WSPD Officers responded to 2810 Reid Street after receiving information that someone had sustained a gunshot wound, possibly self-inflicted, at this location.
Officers located 18 year old Diante James Blackburn unresponsive, inside the living room of the residence, with what appeared to be a gunshot wound to his head. He was transported by ambulance to North Carolina Baptist Medical Center where he succumbed to the injury.
A small caliber revolver was located within the same room Mr. Blackburn was found. Multiple witnesses were in the room at the time of this incident. No one else was injured during this incident.
Criminal Investigation Division detectives responded to the scene and assumed this investigation. The preliminary investigation indicates that Mr. Blackburn’s injury is the result of playing Russian Roulette. Detectives do not suspect foul play however; this investigation is ongoing.
The Winston-Salem Police Department is asking anyone with information concerning this investigation to call (336) 773-7700 or Crime Stoppers at (336) 727-2800.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)