The Town of Kernersville is looking for local artists who want to create a work of Art for Earth in honor of the 6th annual Kernersville Earth Day celebration.
On Tuesday, April 22nd, 2014 from 10am-7pm, the Town of Kernersville will display submitted works of art, and a winner will be announced as part of the festivities. The winning piece will be displayed in the Town Hall lobby. All of the artists will be recognized for their efforts at the event and have their works shown throughout the Earth Day Festivities.
For the complete list of requirements, please visit HERE and click on Town Services, Earth Day 2014 tab.
What type of art can be submitted?
- Artwork can include sculptures, paintings, carvings, textiles, musical/cinematic or other visible forms using any non-hazardous material
- Artwork should have an environmental stewardship theme or Earth Day-related theme
- Artists may submit a paragraph to be displayed at the event explaining how their artwork relates to Earth Day or other environmentally-related topics
- Artwork should be no heavier than 100lbs with dimensions no wider than 4-feet around and no taller than 7-feet
- Please supply hanging hardware, easels or display equipment for flat artwork
- Please supply audio-visual equipment for video or musical submissions
When do I drop-off and pick up art?
- Please drop off art the morning of Earth Day, April 22nd, on the Town Hall Lawn between 7:00am-9:00am or drop off the day before, April 21st, at the Kernersville Police Department located in the basement of Town Hall, 134 East Mountain Street by 7:00pm.
- Register art submissions with Earth Day staff on the morning of Earth Day for placement in the appropriate age group section
- Please pick up art between 5-7pm on Earth Day. Unclaimed artwork will be stored at the Public Services Department at 720 McKaughan Street for pick-up.