BB&T Ballpark, the home of the Winston-Salem Dash, has been named the “Best of the Ballparks” at the Class A-Advanced level through a fan vote on Ballpark Digest. BB&T Ballpark bested LewisGale Field (Salem Red Sox) in the final round by snagging 61.8% of the fan vote.
In honor of this accomplishment, the Dash will provide fans with a special on-field photo opportunity at BB&T Ballpark after Tuesday’s All-You-Can-Eat for Free Night. In addition to free hot dogs and burgers, fans can take a photo on the field at the best ballpark in High-A baseball.
“We have been humbled by this honor and, more importantly, the incredible support by our entire fan base,” Dash team president Geoff Lassiter said. “Our organization strives to provide an unforgettable experience at every Dash game, and BB&T Ballpark plays an integral role in this.”
Since opening in 2010, BB&T Ballpark has hosted almost two million fans. The downtown facility reached the one-millionth-fan plateau quicker than any other in High-A baseball history. It earned the honor of “Ballpark of the Year” from BaseballParks.com in 2010 and has won several local awards over its first seven seasons.
In addition to the Dash’s 70 scheduled home games each season, BB&T Ballpark has hosted more than 200 other events over the last 12 months, including weddings, proms, movie nights, concerts and much more.
Starting the competition as a five-seed in a 29-team race, Dash fans helped BB&T Ballpark advance through four previous rounds in the second-annual “Best of the Ballparks” poll:
- Semifinals: 59-41 percent over Charlotte Sports Park (Charlotte Stone Crabs).
- Quarterfinals: 62-38 percent win over McKechnie Field (Bradenton Marauders)
- Second Round: 55-45 percent The Hangar (Lancaster JetHawks)
- First Round: 74-26 percent over Pfitzner Stadium (Potomac Nationals)
“BB&T Ballpark has captured the imagination of the Winston-Salem area since its opening, and this award reflects that popularity,” said Kevin Reichard, Ballpark Digest publisher. “With tens of thousands of ballpark fans weighing in on the competition, the selection of BB&T Ballpark is a great achievement not only for the Winston-Dash front office but the greater Winston-Salem community.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)