For the last few years, Winston-Salem’s Foothill’s Brewery has thrown one of the biggest release parties.
There’s a new twist to this year’s roll out. Foothill’s is auctioning off the top four spots in line on E-Bay, with all the proceeds going to help local charities. Winning bids will receive:
Guaranteed spot in line when bottle sales start
- Set of glassware, including a Limited Edition Sexual Chocolate goblet
- $50 Foothills gift card
- Foothills gear prize pack, including Sexual Chocolate t-shirt
- Special beer gift
- We’ll auction off one spot a week every Monday for four weeks, beginning Monday January 6th. We’ll e-mail a link so you, our loyal subscribers, will have first shot at the bidding process before anyone else.
All proceeds from this auction will benefit one of the following four local charities:
- Forsyth Humane Society
- Habitat For Humanity
- Susan G. Komen for the Cure
- Piedmont Environmental Alliance
Foothills will host its traditional bottle share pre-release party on Friday night January 31st beginning at 7pm, in the brewery portion of the brewpub. Price of admission is a bottle or two (or three or four) from your craft beer collection. Appetizers will be provided.
The line to buy 22-oz. bottles will start on the sidewalk outside the pub. You’re welcome to show up anytime after we close at 2am the previous evening. Or just bid on a spot in line!
City police officers will be on hand overnight. Since we all know what a well-behaved crowd craft beer enthusiasts are, they’ll probably get really bored. See that they do.
The nice officers will reportedly allow enjoyment of your own “refreshments” until daylight. Decorum is strongly encouraged. No kegstands, in other words.
There will be portable restroom facilities in the back parking lot. You’re welcome.
Around 7:00am, a cheerful (albeit groggy) member of Foothills’ staff will distribute numbered wristbands that denote your place in line.
The pub will open at 8am. Sexual Chocolate will be tapped and waiting. We’ll also have breakfast available for purchase. Life is good.
Bottle sales will commence at 10am. Those in line will be summoned in order of their wristband number in groups of 50. Bottle prices and limits will be set closer to release, and will be based on overall yield of this year’s brew.
There will be no growler fills of Sexual Chocolate.
You can read about 2013’s Sexual Chocolate event at CCD HERE.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)