The following information was provided by the Winston-Salem Police Department and is public record.
Just before 7am on Wednesday, Officers with the WSPD responded to westbound Interstate 40 near Hanes Mall Blvd. on the report of an overturned vehicle and a pedestrian that was struck. The preliminary investigation revealed the following;
A Chevrolet Silverado operated by 44 year old Jose Fuentes was traveling westbound on Interstate 40 when it lost a garbage container and a ladder out of the back of the truck. Both objects landed in the westbound travel lanes of Interstate 40. The driver, Mr. Fuentes, stopped on the shoulder of Interstate 40 and was attempting to remove the objects from the roadway.
A Nissan Frontier operated by Ms. Delia Rocha took an evasive maneuver in an attempt to avoid colliding with the objects and Jose Fuentes. Ms. Rocha’s vehicle slightly made contact with Jose Fuentes and then ran off the right side of the roadway and overturned on its side.
Jose Fuentes and Delia Rocha sustained minor injuries as a result of the crash. Both subjects were transported to Forsyth Medical Center where they were treated for their injuries.
Jose Fuentes was cited for failing to secure his load and for driving while his license is revoked.
A portion of the ramp from Interstate 40 to Hanes Mall Blvd. was closed for approximately 1.5 hours.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)