On November 26th, the Vagabond Saints Society played to a sold-out crowd at SECCA. Performing songs from the Band’s Last Waltz concert, the VSS (Doug Davis, Corky McClellan, Jack Gorham, Randall Johnson and Jerry Chapman) were joined on stage by more than 25 Triad area musicians. The concert was titled “Saints and Sinners, Losers and Winners: A Celebration of the Last Waltz” and included 25 songs, a video opening and 3 video shorts.
The shorts, which were produced, directed and edited by CCD’s own Chad Nance, were modeled on clips from the famous documentary “The Last Waltz” which was filmed by Martin Scorsese. The 3 shorts are viewable below, and on CCD’s Facebook page. Each video opens with the same opening sequence used to open the show at SECCA.
The VSS concert was in part a fundraiser for Second Harvest Food Bank’s Triad Community Kitchen and the host venue SECCA. In the tradition of the first Last Waltz, a full Thanksgiving dinner was served prior to the show.
Special thanks to Brian Cole (Random Task Management), Street Feat Productions, Perry Snow, Todd Walls of Carlisle’s Pub, Chad and Carissa for use of their home, Arley Wolber for video assistance, Chad Nance for his portrayal of Scorsese, and of course the guys of the VSS.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)