Locals arts organization that sponsor programs for children have teamed up for a “Youth Arts Opportunity Fair” to be held, 5:00 -7:00pm Friday March 11, at the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts. They will have information about opportunities for children of all ages to get involved with the arts, including visual arts, theater, and music. The fair will include information about upcoming summer camps and events as well as year-round programming designed specifically for youth in the community.
Participating arts organizations include Old Salem Museum and Gardens, Reynolda House Museum of American Art, Twin City Stage, Sawtooth School for Visual Arts, Peppercorn Children’s Theater, The Children’s Museum, Southeastern Center for Contemporary Art (SECCA), SciWorks, Winston-Salem Youth Chorus, Authoring Action and others.
Katherine Bowman of the Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County is coordinating the Fair. “It’s at the same time and in the same building as the opening of the Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools annual Modern Chevrolet Arts Extravaganza that brings hundreds of students, teachers, parents and other to the Rhodes Center,” said Bowman. ”It seemed to us to be an extraordinary way to reach students and parents and let them know about arts opportunities outside the schoolroom. The amount of programming for students done by local arts organizations is amazing. This is an opportunity to get the word out and make sure our kids avail themselves of the various opportunities,” Bowman said.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)