20th Anniversary of Nintendo 64 set for Thursday
The Winston-Salem Dash will honor Nintendo 64, one of the most popular gaming systems of all time, with several promotions and activities during their 7 p.m. game Thursday against the Wilmington Blue Rocks at BB&T Ballpark.
Fans at Thursday’s game will be able to play Nintendo 64 on the concourse behind the Customer Service Booth near Section 109. Several Nintendo-based characters will be on hand, including Mario and Luigi, the latter of whom will throw out the ceremonial first pitch.
A few between-inning contests and games will revolve around Nintendo 64, including a trivia contest and a special race. Two Dash players—Spencer Adams and Matt Cooper—will square off in a pre-recorded battle of Mario Kart.
Tickets for Thursday’s game are available by calling (336) 714-2287 or visiting wsdash.com. It is also a Lowes Foods Thirsty Thursday, with $1 beers available through the seventh inning.
Nintendo 64 Night kicks off a jam-packed homestand for the Dash. On Friday, former Wake Forest All-American Chris Paul will make an appearance, and a spectacular fireworks show, presented by NC By Train, follows the game. Saturday is their Energize the Ballpark Night, presented by Eanes Heating and Air, which features a postgame concert from Danny Gokey.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)