By Staff Almost 7,500 people voted for a new logo for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, and they chose a design created by Colin Cumbo. Cumbo graduated from Reagan High School in 2013 and was a student in Stephanie Messer’s Commercial Art class at the Career Center. About 41 percent of the voters chose his design, which features blue, red and yellow arches that divide the “WS” and “FCS” in the district’s name. Students, families, staff and the community were surveyed to pick their favorite of five designs. The other designs were created by Leticia Gomez, a 2011 graduate of Atkins Science & Technology High School; Tyler Petrich, a 2013 Reagan graduate who drew two of the designs; and Timothy Porter, the graphic designer for the school district. Each of the students was in Messer’s classes. You can see the other options HERE.
Camel City Dispatch is a Community News website based in Winston-Salem NC. CCD produces original news content on stories impacting the residents of the Camel City.
Established August 27, 2012
Office: 939-F Burke St.
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Email: editor @ camelcitydispatch dot com
- Fatal Wreck on Highway 52 Claims Two Lives
- Buy Local – BatteryVampire Treats itself to Kickstarter This Halloween
- CCD Weekend Guide October 31 – November 2
- Simington Named Chief Acdemic Officer
- Novant Health Forsyth Medical Center Auxiliary Celebrates 50th Anniversary
- 5K & Family Day / Festival Familiar Saturday November 1 at BB&T Ballpark
- 3rd Shift… 2014 Mid-Term Elections Race Sheet… Part One
- UPDATED: Violent Threat Sparks Vigilance at RJ Reynolds High School
- Fatal Wreck on Highway 52 Claims Two Lives http://t.co/GvZRXv3n2x #wsnc #statepolice, 3 hours ago
- Buy Local - BatteryVampire Treats itself to Kickstarter This Halloween http://t.co/fREe2iSnIV #wsnc @BattVamp, 4 hours ago
- CCD Weekend Guide October 31 – November 2 http://t.co/8a0juXYtZK #wsnc #community, 5 hours ago
- 5K & Family Day / Festival Familiar Saturday November 1 at BB&T Ballpark http://t.co/vcT9LOYZoP #wsnc, 6 hours ago
- **Update Portion of U.S. 52 North To Remain closed Until Morning READ: http://t.co/MR7kgtx3sh, 18 hours ago
- RT @JamesBenEmery: The bridges in Winston-Salem are literally falling to pieces. It's not a joke. Just a statement of fact., 21 hours ago