By Staff Almost 7,500 people voted for a new logo for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, and they chose a design created by Colin Cumbo. Cumbo graduated from Reagan High School in 2013 and was a student in Stephanie Messer’s Commercial Art class at the Career Center. About 41 percent of the voters chose his design, which features blue, red and yellow arches that divide the “WS” and “FCS” in the district’s name. Students, families, staff and the community were surveyed to pick their favorite of five designs. The other designs were created by Leticia Gomez, a 2011 graduate of Atkins Science & Technology High School; Tyler Petrich, a 2013 Reagan graduate who drew two of the designs; and Timothy Porter, the graphic designer for the school district. Each of the students was in Messer’s classes. You can see the other options HERE.
Camel City Dispatch is a Community News website based in Winston-Salem NC. CCD produces original news content on stories impacting the residents of the Camel City.
Established August 27, 2012
Office: 939-F Burke St.
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Email: editor @ camelcitydispatch dot com
- US Justice Department- HB2 Violates the Civil Rights Act
- 3rd Shift- Trump Gets the Nod or How I Quit Worrying About the 2016 Election
- Celebrate National Bike Month in May
- r/view – A Hologram for the King
- WSPD Works with the NCIS to Recover Stolen Property
- May is Historic Preservation Month
- New Poll Shows As Many as 24% of Voters Could Sit Out 2016
- Armed Robbery of a Business on Germanton Road
- US Justice Department- HB2 Violates the Civil Rights Act https://t.co/GZVupObmn5 #wsnC #HB2 #WeAreNotThis, 2 hours ago
- 3rd Shift- Trump Gets the Nod or How I Quit Worrying About the 2016 Election https://t.co/eorD6QHz36 #wsnc #TrumpTrain, 4 hours ago
- RT @cg_okelly: Hang in there, almost over. May the fourth be with you! #finalsweek #wssu #WinstonSalemStateUniversity #rampride https://t.co/nq3pYGV005, 5 hours ago
- RT @newsobserver: Help sought for 2 Wake County teachers who lost home in fire https://t.co/GJDaVzXI0t, 5 hours ago
- Celebrate National Bike Month in May https://t.co/SjZdb3NbhT #wsnc, 6 hours ago
- RT @ESQPolitics: It took us a while to start saying "climate change." Now we'll be saying "climate refugees": https://t.co/Sc2HEmQaQQ https://t.co/cFH4qZTgaN, 6 hours ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.