By Staff Almost 7,500 people voted for a new logo for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, and they chose a design created by Colin Cumbo. Cumbo graduated from Reagan High School in 2013 and was a student in Stephanie Messer’s Commercial Art class at the Career Center. About 41 percent of the voters chose his design, which features blue, red and yellow arches that divide the “WS” and “FCS” in the district’s name. Students, families, staff and the community were surveyed to pick their favorite of five designs. The other designs were created by Leticia Gomez, a 2011 graduate of Atkins Science & Technology High School; Tyler Petrich, a 2013 Reagan graduate who drew two of the designs; and Timothy Porter, the graphic designer for the school district. Each of the students was in Messer’s classes. You can see the other options HERE.
Camel City Dispatch is a Community News website based in Winston-Salem NC. CCD produces original news content on stories impacting the residents of the Camel City.
Established August 27, 2012
Office: 939-F Burke St.
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Email: editor @ camelcitydispatch dot com
- Gov. McCrory, NASCAR, Apple CEO and Others Voice Opposition to Discrimination Legislation
- Cigarette Heist at the University Parkway Wilco Hess
- Twin City Stage Announces Their 81st Season
- State & Local Task-Force Formed to Investigate 34 Year-Old Murder
- Observations from Below – IT
- MLK McDonald’s Robbed at Gunpoint
- CCD Micro-Doc – Forsyth Tech Transportation Technology’s 2015 Open House & Cruise-In
- r/view – It Follows