By Staff Almost 7,500 people voted for a new logo for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, and they chose a design created by Colin Cumbo. Cumbo graduated from Reagan High School in 2013 and was a student in Stephanie Messer’s Commercial Art class at the Career Center. About 41 percent of the voters chose his design, which features blue, red and yellow arches that divide the “WS” and “FCS” in the district’s name. Students, families, staff and the community were surveyed to pick their favorite of five designs. The other designs were created by Leticia Gomez, a 2011 graduate of Atkins Science & Technology High School; Tyler Petrich, a 2013 Reagan graduate who drew two of the designs; and Timothy Porter, the graphic designer for the school district. Each of the students was in Messer’s classes. You can see the other options HERE.
Camel City Dispatch is a Community News website based in Winston-Salem NC. CCD produces original news content on stories impacting the residents of the Camel City.
Established August 27, 2012
Office: 939-F Burke St.
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Email: editor @ camelcitydispatch dot com
- Arson at Local Apartment Complex Takes Out One Unit
- Winston-Salem Man Attempts to Strangle a Woman in Her Home
- School Bus Driver Charged After Tuesday Accident
- CCD Guest Column – Sentimental, Heretical or Whole?
- Nobles Grille to Deliver 400 Thanksgiving Meals on November 25th
- Silver Alerts Issued for Two Local Women
- South Fork Elementary School Crossing Guard Struck in a Hit & Run
- Cookbooks for the Holidays Available Online from Forsyth Libraries
- RT @ThePorchWS: Come warm up with us. 😊 https://t.co/Xz0BLuFqEp, 21 hours ago
- RT @AnthonysPlot: Open up your homes to guests, by doing this some have been hosts to angels w/o knowing it. Hebrews 13:2 #WelcomeRefugees #refugeeswelcome, Nov 25
- RT @johnburnsnc: It's such a coincidence that every major Republican figure in North Carolina decided this week that transgender children were a threat., Nov 25
- Winston-Salem Man Attempts to Strangle a Woman in Her Home https://t.co/N346O0HiYI #wsnc, Nov 25
- RT @JohnVerdejo: Why is @RoyCooperNC pandering to our basest instincts? https://t.co/qhtVxTs4XV via @indyweek #NCPOL #SyrianRefugees, Nov 25
- RT @RhiFionn: Trump, the Truth, and the Obligations of Journalism | Brennan Center for Justice - https://t.co/HBKZ86Xknv #journo, Nov 25
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.