By Staff Almost 7,500 people voted for a new logo for Winston-Salem/Forsyth County Schools, and they chose a design created by Colin Cumbo. Cumbo graduated from Reagan High School in 2013 and was a student in Stephanie Messer’s Commercial Art class at the Career Center. About 41 percent of the voters chose his design, which features blue, red and yellow arches that divide the “WS” and “FCS” in the district’s name. Students, families, staff and the community were surveyed to pick their favorite of five designs. The other designs were created by Leticia Gomez, a 2011 graduate of Atkins Science & Technology High School; Tyler Petrich, a 2013 Reagan graduate who drew two of the designs; and Timothy Porter, the graphic designer for the school district. Each of the students was in Messer’s classes. You can see the other options HERE.
Camel City Dispatch is a Community News website based in Winston-Salem NC. CCD produces original news content on stories impacting the residents of the Camel City.
Established August 27, 2012
Office: 939-F Burke St.
Winston Salem, NC 27101
Email: editor @ camelcitydispatch dot com
- Terrence J to speak at Wake Forest University
- The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County Issues Call for New ArtPop Program
- Providence Restaurant Joins “12 Suppers at the Center of Hope”
- The Truth About Women: UNCSA Production Celebrates Strength and Wisdom
- WSPD Investigating First Homicide of 2016
- Salvation Army Accepting Applicants for Energy Assistance
- WFU Pro Bono Project Members Participate in Area Expungement Clinics
- The Children’s Home will Affiliate with the Crossnore School
- RT @wfdd: The #WFDDLove Mugs are here! Handcrafted by Andrea Freeman. Pledge & get your mug @CaminoBakery this Friday, 7-10AM! https://t.co/3ZIL1WFto5, 10 hours ago
- Terrence J to speak at Wake Forest University https://t.co/MkljLWyM6V #wsnc, 10 hours ago
- The Arts Council of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County Issues Call for New ArtPop Program https://t.co/Fa4ixg5S6e #wsnc, 11 hours ago
- Providence Restaurant Joins "12 Suppers at the Center of Hope" https://t.co/dUWEQmafcs #wsnc @SalArmyWS @nwncfoodbank, 11 hours ago
- The Truth About Women: UNCSA Production Celebrates Strength and Wisdom https://t.co/6WgwhQFqdB #wsnc, 11 hours ago
- RT @wssualumni: WSSU Faculty member discusses the relevance of HBCU's; https://t.co/raYgOYzpXj, 11 hours ago
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.