The following information was provided by the Winston-Salem Police Department and is public record
On March 27th, Officers with the WSPD responded to 903 Rich Avenue on a reported shooting. Officers located 19 year old Ladawn Deion Morgan who had suffered a gunshot wound to her abdomen. Officers also located 79 year old Alexander Eugene Barber at 849 Rich Avenue suffering from a gunshot wound to his face. Both Morgan and Barber were transported to North Carolina Baptist Medical Center for treatment of the injuries. Ms Morgan later succumbed to her injuries while at the Medical Center. Mr. Barber’s injuries are not considered life threatening.
Detectives with the Criminal Investigations Division responded to the scene and assumed responsibility for the investigation. The investigation is still in the preliminary stages. At this point it appears that the incident is not a random act. No further information is available for release at this time. Additional information will be released as soon as possible.
This is the 4th homicide to occur in Winston-Salem in 2017, as compared to 1 homicide during the same time frame of 2016.
Authorities ask that anyone with information regarding this crime contact the Winston-Salem Police Department at 336-773-7700 or CrimeStoppers at 336-727-2800.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)