Winston-Salem infielder Jeremy Farrell earned the Carolina League’s Topps Player of the Month for the month of May, the league office announced Wednesday following a poll of the CL’s eight managers.
The Long Branch, N.J., native hit .320 for the month, and he amassed five home runs and 23 RBIs. His 23 RBIs tied him with teammate Chris Curley for the Carolina League lead for the month and helped him climb all the way into the league lead for RBIs with 41. With his monster month, Farrell raised his season batting average .219 to .281.
The former Pittsburgh farmhand was signed by the White Sox organization on Opening Day and assigned to Winston-Salem, where he has spent the entire 2013 campaign. Entering Wednesday’s action, Farrell is hitting .275 with eight home runs.
The Dash are back in town Friday night as they begin their final homestand of the first half at BB&T Ballpark. Friday’s homestand opener will start at 7, with the Wilmington Blue Rocks in town. The game will be followed by a fireworks show, and kids will have the chance to run the bases, too. For tickets, call the Dash at (336) 714-2287 or visit wsdash.com.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)