The Forsyth County Department of Public Health has introduced FitForsyth, a new program and app to encourage Forsyth County to take their health and fitness seriously. FitForsyth works similarly to Step Up Forsyth and Just Walk, in that you can track your physical activity. There will be two 8 week challenges in the spring and fall, occurring on the first Monday of April and first Monday of October respectfully. FitForsyth has a lot of new and exciting features including:
- You will be able to log your minutes all year round if you want to!
- When you register, you can join different groups that you relate with or create your own! From that group, you can make teams to compete in the 8 week challenge. Your group will be a permanent thing and teams are something that you can switch from program to program, if you want!
- No more newsletters: everything you need will be right on fitforsyth.com. You can check the site weekly for Fitness Tips, Food Tips, and there will be a Community Corner, where you can see what events are going on near you!
- Finally, you will be able to create a profile and communicate with your teams and groups directly from the website.
To kick off this program, FitForsyth will host a 5k, with all proceeds going to benefit the American Heart Association. You can register HERE.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)