The following information was provided by WalletHub for your information
With March being National Nutrition Month and Americans collectively spending up to $315.8 billion annually on obesity-related medical treatment, the personal-finance website WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2017’s Fattest Cities in America.
In order to call attention to the communities where weight-related problems are most prevalent, WalletHub’s analysts compared 100 of the most populated U.S. metro areas across 17 key metrics. The data set range from share of obese adults to share of overweight children to projected obesity rates by 2030.
According to their study, Winston-Salem ranked in the following positions in various weight problem categories: (1=Fattest, 50=Avg.)
30th – % of Obese Adults
33rd – % of Physically Inactive Adults
4th – % of Adults with High Cholesterol
25th – % of Adults Eating Fewer than 1 Serving of Fruits/Vegetables per Day
24th – % of Adults with Diabetes
16th – % of Adults with High Blood Pressure
5th – Active Lifestyle
For the full report, including information on the methodology used in the study as well as tips on how you can eat healthy and address excess weight, please visit the WalletHub site HERE.
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)